Here we are. It starts this evening and end November 5, the 12th edition of the Rome Film Festival. Roma Luxury will be there for you and will unveil all the secrets and background scene about films, red carpet and more
The secret / beautiful of the Roman festival is just in its name: Rome’s is really a festival of/for/with cinema. A party for which we all find ourselves at the Auditorium Parco della Musica.
This year’s program is also very interesting and full of surprises. Too much that getting lost or better losing what would be worth not getting lost becomes very easy: here’s a guide, not to survive, but to enjoy the 12th Rome Film Festival at all times.
1. The films and documentaries in the Official Selection are 39, 10 World Premieres, 3 Italian Movies, 12 Close Encounters, 4 Preaperts, 4 Restores and tributes, 1 Retrospective, 7 Musicals of Our Lives, 17 Other Events and 31 Participating Countries. Practically the world’s round.
2. The international star system, which will illuminate the days of the Rome Film Festival, is awaited. The most anticipated international films: The Red Carpet opens this afternoon with Hostiles by Scott Cooper (Rosamund Pike and Christian Bale in late 19th-century American prairies, with a pellerossa and his family to be taken back: they say Bale is from Oscar! ), then Kathryn Bigelow’s Detroit (the July 1967 riots rebuilt to make us feel war-torn), Steven Soderbergh’s Logan Lucky (a cardiac attack on a Nascar circuit race with super casts: Channing Tatum, Daniel Craig, Adam Driver, Riley Keough, Katie Holmes), Richard Linklater’s Last Flag Flying (three Vietnam veterans find themselves burying one of them, dead in Iraq), Stronger by David Gordon Green (Jake Gyllenhaal without his legs tells the story rebirth of a victim of the Boston bombings), Olivier Nakache’s sense of fate, and Eric Toledano (the latest hit by Almost friends directors on an alternative wedding party), Mudbond by Dee Roos (the black movie this year? Carey Mulligan is the witness to Racism of the ‘40 that continues to date), Marc Webb’s The Only Living Boy in New York (the Spider-Man’s second-best director with the liaison between a teenager and his father’s lover) Sally Potter’s Party (The Dark Comedy of the Year!).
3. One of the most beautiful moments of the Festival, like every year, is close encounters. This year, the ladder includes very important international personalities such as Jake Gyllenhaal, David Lynch (awarded by Paolo Sorrentino), Xavier Dolan, Ian McKellen, composer Michael Nyman, writer Chuck Palahniuk, Vanessa Redgrave, Christoph Waltz and Phil Jackson, the coach who won more trophies in American basketball history.
4. Do not miss the appointments outside the Auditorium. These are two unbeatable exhibitions on the relationship between cinema and fashion: Fendi studios at Palazzo della Civiltà Italiana (The marvelous Fendi’s Headquarter in the modern neighborhood of Eur), Square Concordia 5, from 27/11 / 2017 to 25/3/2018 (interactive immersion in the films to which the maison collaborated as Avoid, The Devil Wears Prada and Grand Budapest Hotel) and Cinema & Fashion Shots at the Hotel de Russie in Via del Babuino 9 from 26/10 to 5/11/2017 (today’s movie that revives the dream.
5. If you like documentaries: Spielberg (30 hours interview with Leonardo Di Caprio, Tom Hanks, Martin Scorsese), Maria by Callas (for 40 years of death, a docu with co-stars Onassis, Marilyn Monroe , Scotty and the Secret History of Hollywood by Matt Tyrnauer (at the time of scandal Harvey Weinstain, Valentino’s director, the last emperor tells Scotty Bowers who knows everything about what happened in super-stars), Trouble no More (Bob Dylan and his religious period), Eugene Jarecki’s Promised Land (the director climbs on Elvis Presley’s Rolls Royce and crosses states), Jane (the extraordinary Bret Morgen of Cobain and The Kid Stays in the Picture tells Jane Goodall the great chimpanzee scholar).
Stay tuned because Roma Luxury will tell you all the Festival’s insights!!!
You can find more info by clicking the link below